Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a proven method to greatly reduce unwanted facial and body hair. The number of sessions will vary by individual. The laser treatments generally take 3 to 6 visits spaced at least 4 weeks apart. This provides the ability to attack both the active and dormant follicles. It is important for the best results that your skin be at its lightest natural color and the hairs be dark in color. The laser can not work on grey, white, red, or blonde hair and does not work well if you are tan. We can not do laser hair removal if you are pregnant or have a history of keloids or cancer.
There are 3 cycles of hair growth: Anagen, Catagen and Telegen. To obtain the best results, treatments should be completed during in the Anagen stage which is why more than 1 or 2 treatments is needed. After each hair removal procedure you will see results in less and finer hair coming back and slower growth. This will eliminate the need to wax, shave, or use depilatory creams.
What happens after my treatment?
Within minutes after the laser therapy is performed, the treated area may become puffy and red. This reaction goes away quickly. 2-3 weeks after treatment, you may experience what seems to be hair regrowth. The perceived regrowth is a shedding period where the hairs eventually release from the root and fall out. DO NOT tan, wax or pluck hairs in between treatments. Shaving is permitted.
- Please bathe and wash all makeup off prior to your visit.
- Do not actively tan 4 weeks prior to your treatment or in between treatments. It is recommended during the tanning months you use SPF 50 before going outside.
- No waxing, electrolysis, tweezing or using depilatories for 3-4 weeks prior to your laser treatment. Shave the area 24 hours before your treatment.
- It is best to wait 4-6 weeks between treatments. There is no advantage to scheduling before that because you want to hit the hair during the growth period.
- Do not take antibiotics 2 weeks prior to any treatment
- Do not take Accutane for 6 months prior to treatment
Please visit https://lakernickhandw.wixsite.com/lakernick/laser
Our new website consists of updated prices.