Spider Vein Treatment
- 15 Minute treatment: $100
Spider veins no longer have to be a problem. The Cutera XEO 1065 nm Nd: YAG laser provides state of the art treatment of many vascular lesions of the skin. It is one of the best available lasers for this type of treatment of small to medium sized capillaries and venules on the legs. The YAG lasers combines integrated chill-tip technology to provide continuous skin cooling during treatment. This treatment can quickly and safely eliminate unsightly leg veins, spider veins and broken capillaries.
The benefits to having the YAG laser treatment is the minimize the redness and bruising normally associated with these types of treatments. The laser energy is absorbed by the pigment in your blood and collapses the unwanted vein. The laser energy is delivered through a hand-held device with a cooling tip that protects your skin.
Results to expect:
- The appearance of leg veins will either dramatically fade or completely disappear during the treatment. Some vessels may show temporary swelling that will subside after a few hours to days. The redness of the treated vessels will gradually disappear as the healing process occurs. This takes two weeks on average but may take slightly longer.
- Most patients see excellent improvements after just two treatments. Everyone is responds differently as some need only one treatment while others may require a third treatment. Treatments are done in 4-6 week intervals.
- Treatment typically take 10 – 15 minutes depending on the size of the area to be treated. More extensive vessels will take more time. If you choose to use a topical anesthetic, it should be applied 60-90 minutes before the treatment is done.
Prior to treatment:
- Do not tan
- Do not take accutane
- Shave the area to be treated within 12 hours of treatment
- Do not use aspirin, alcohol, or ibuprofen 3 days prior to treatment
- Do not use tetracylines or Zithromax for 7 days prior to treatment