Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a proven method to greatly reduce unwanted facial and body hair. The number of sessions will vary by individual. The laser treatments generally take 3 to 6 visits spaced at least 4 weeks apart. This provides the ability to attack both the active and dormant follicles. It is important for the best results that your skin be at its lightest natural color and the hairs be dark in color. The laser can not work on grey, white, red, or blonde hair and does not work well if you are tan. We can not do laser hair removal if you are pregnant or have a history of keloids or cancer.
There are 3 cycles of hair growth: Anagen, Catagen and Telegen. To obtain the best results, treatments should be completed during in the Anagen stage which is why more than 1 or 2 treatments is needed. After each hair removal procedure you will see results in less and finer hair coming back and slower growth. This will eliminate the need to wax, shave, or use depilatory creams.
What happens after my treatment?
Within minutes after the laser therapy is performed, the treated area may become puffy and red. This reaction goes away quickly. 2-3 weeks after treatment, you may experience what seems to be hair regrowth. The perceived regrowth is a shedding period where the hairs eventually release from the root and fall out. DO NOT tan, wax or pluck hairs in between treatments. Shaving is permitted.
- Please bathe and wash all makeup off prior to your visit.
- Do not actively tan 4 weeks prior to your treatment or in between treatments. It is recommended during the tanning months you use SPF 50 before going outside.
- No waxing, electrolysis, tweezing or using depilatories for 3-4 weeks prior to your laser treatment. Shave the area 24 hours before your treatment.
- It is best to wait 4-6 weeks between treatments. There is no advantage to scheduling before that because you want to hit the hair during the growth period.
- Do not take antibiotics 2 weeks prior to any treatment
- Do not take Accutane for 6 months prior to treatment
SPIDER VEIN TREATMENT
Spider veins no longer have to be a problem. The Cutera XEO 1065 nm Nd: YAG laser provides state of the art treatment of many vascular lesions of the skin. It is one of the best available lasers for this type of treatment of small to medium sized capillaries and venules on the legs. The YAG lasers combines integrated chill-tip technology to provide continuous skin cooling during treatment. This treatment can quickly and safely eliminate unsightly leg veins, spider veins and broken capillaries.
The benefits to having the YAG laser treatment is the minimize the redness and bruising normally associated with these types of treatments. The laser energy is absorbed by the pigment in your blood and collapses the unwanted vein. The laser energy is delivered through a hand-held device with a cooling tip that protects your skin.
Results to expect:
- The appearance of leg veins will either dramatically fade or completely disappear during the treatment. Some vessels may show temporary swelling that will subside after a few hours to days. The redness of the treated vessels will gradually disappear as the healing process occurs. This takes two weeks on average but may take slightly longer.
- Most patients see excellent improvements after just two treatments. Everyone is responds differently as some need only one treatment while others may require a third treatment. Treatments are done in 4-6 week intervals.
- Treatment typically take 10 – 15 minutes depending on the size of the area to be treated. More extensive vessels will take more time. If you choose to use a topical anesthetic, it should be applied 60-90 minutes before the treatment is done.
Prior to treatment:
- Do not tan
- Do not take accutane
- Shave the area to be treated within 12 hours of treatment
- Do not use aspirin, alcohol, or ibuprophen 3 days prior to treatment
- Do not use tetracylines or Zithromax for 7 days prior to treatment